Wednesday, February 26, 2014

dis-Pinterest

I played around with Pinterest.
I used my wife's account.
I pinned some things and made a board and so on.

Pinterest is not for me, though.

I appreciate the features and I could see using it if my lifestyle was more cooking and home decor based,1 but I don't see it as meeting any of my social media needs. I'd rather invest the time into tumblr, which seems more open and strange, than pinterest.2

So this is a pretty minimal week in terms of training exercises. In terms of e-learning and whatnot, I did finally order the last few parts for the computer that I am assembling. Maybe I will blog about if there are other slow weeks. I also found a portable version of the image editor GIMP, so I can now have a copy of that on my work PC without having to jump through the hoops of having it installed for me.

Oh, the interns here made a Vine that I am featured in. It refers to a scene in the movie Her.

1 If I was renovating a house and wanted to see a bunch of examples of--say--trim or floorboards, I could see this being useful. But I don't need a social scrapbooking site in my life right now.
2 Not that I am actually investing any time into tumblr--too many other internet things on the go right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment